At Picnic we care about health and safety, so currently all interviews are done online and our team is working from home. We keep a close eye on the developments around Covid-19, and start working full-time at the office when it's safe to do so - have a peek at how the remote onboarding is going here.Do you want to be part of the grocery revolution? Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in an innovative start-up culture where everything you do matters. With a human-centered approach we have built an incredible service. We are striving to make online grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe!
🏢 Where you fit in
Products are at the core of our business. We aim to offer the best product range, to make sure we always deliver the best quality. And you are responsible to do this for your product category. With a team of 4, consisting of a team lead, an analyst, a coordinator and an operator, you take full responsibility for your category, with the goal to make customers happy and improve profitability.
You develop a deep understanding of how your category serves our customers. You have a good nose for commercial opportunities and keep track of promising category innovations. You understand the end-to-end supply chain and identify opportunities to improve the range, product quality and profitability. Furthermore, you build strong relationships with your suppliers, and ensure that the day-to-day operations run smoothly while solving operational challenges.
Picnic differentiates itself in data. We have state of the art data-warehouses and all our insights and initiatives start with data driven understanding. Key to your success as a Category Coordinator is your ability to work alongside analysts to draw key observations and translate the insights into actions.
🔥 What challenges await you
- Build a deep understanding of your category through a combination of insights from Picnic data, customer interviews and supplier input
- Lead initiatives to innovate and improve. Act as a linking pin between teams and suppliers
- Operate your category. Day-to-day problem-solving and continuous alignment with suppliers
- Act as a category ambassador! Spread awareness of the beauty of your products and their importance to the success of Picnic
👉🏼 Who you are
- Master’s degree with exposure to analytical problem-solving
- Commercial drive, a nose for opportunities, not afraid to negotiate
- 2-3 years of work experience in a commercial and preferably analytical environment
- Persistence and enthusiasm to drive projects to a successful end result
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills
- Drive to deal with day-to-day operations. Swift problem-solving skills, decisive leadership
- A genuine passion for food and/or consumer products
- Fluent in Dutch and English
🍩 The Perks
- Steep learning curve by taking on responsibility from day one
- Freedom to realize your own projects and ideas
- Be part of a team with ground-breaking entrepreneurs, creative minds, analytical wizards and out-of-the-box-thinking colleagues
- No hierarchical thinking: Be your own leader!
- Participate in team events, Christmas and summer parties, and cozy barbecues
Up for the challenge? Then join us and be part of the Picnic team!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role