Picnic is a unique e-commerce proposition. As an app-only supermarket, we offer amazing opportunities to a range of suppliers. We want Category Managers to combine a commercial awareness, a passion for products, and analytical skills to establish unique ways to drive sales.
Where you fit in
Picnic is constantly growing. As one of our Category Managers, you are the link between Picnic and our suppliers. With negotiation and personal skills, you initiate new relations and work collaboratively on innovative projects. Using your genuine passion for food and an awareness for what consumers want, you expand our assortment with great products.
We’re a data-driven company. With an understanding of the type of data you need, you work alongside analysts to glean insights from large data-sets. You use business intelligence and data-backed ideas to present our vision of e-commerce to suppliers. By playing with the gross margin, you bring out opportunity and use analytical thinking to optimize our profits.
There’s no box that can keep your ideas contained. You establish original and engaging initiatives that expand our assortment and benefit our customers. With the freedom to experiment, test, and analyse results, you take ownership of projects and oversee their evolution throughout the entire pipeline.
If you require more motivation to apply, here’s a taste of the type of project you will launch:
What you do
- Take full responsibility for multiple categories, maintain our assortment, and fulfill all the day-to-day problem solving and communication that requires
- Use a data-first approach to build relationships with suppliers and expand our mobile-store assortment
- Develop and run innovative projects from kick-off until the final whistle
- Establish a category strategy and promotional roadmap
- Ensure that our customers find products at the most competitive price
What you need
- Master’s degree (e.g. Analytical field of education, Economics, or Consumer Studies)
- 1-3 years of work experience in an analytical environment
- Passion for food and/or consumer products
- Commercial Awareness: You know who to talk to, how to negotiate the best deal, and how to drive sales
- Persistence and enthusiasm: You turn ‘No, thank you’ into ‘Yes please!’
- Out-of-the-box thinking and initiative: Hands-on, nothing-is-impossible mindset
- Analytical Eye: You’re not a data wizard, but you grasp ideas immediately
- Superb communication: Capacity to articulate problems and projects to all stakeholders
- Rapid problem solving: You arrive at an issue armed with a solution
- Long-term vision: You take ownership of projects that solve complex questions
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role