At Picnic, we’re rethinking how people buy their food. We offer a smart app that provides quick and easy grocery shopping to over 400,000 households across 100 cities. Cutting-edge technology, efficient planning from our team and a fleet of electric vans provide less food waste and fewer food miles!
We offer the cheapest groceries on the market, and we don’t cut corners on quality. Picnic is not your run-of-the-mill supermarket - we know that it’s possible to be both competitive and sustainable!
Picnic is the world’s fastest-growing online supermarket so we’re always on the hunt for like-minded people to join us! Do you want to be part of the grocery revolution?
🏦 Where you fit in
It’s no secret that Picnic is growing. More customers, orders, and groceries being whizzed around in our ePVs (electric Picnic vehicles) and new business opportunities means that the team is also growing. A larger team means relevant internal and external communication play an ever larger role , especially in highly dynamic situations (or like we call it at Picnic, your typical Wednesday). To help us with this, we are looking for a Communications Specialist to lead this work in the People Team.
Working with the People Team, you will be responsible for all internal communication at Picnic (company stand-ups, newsletters, roadshows, Vlogs and Blogs). You will also set the external communication calendar in line with PR events. You’ll define internal and external communication strategies to ensure the right people are always informed at the right time and in the most effective way. You’ll advise and support the founders and all the Picnic teams regarding what to communicate and when to do it.
Beyond this, you’ll be responsible for a small team, with which you’ll deliver high-quality communication products. These include speeches, product announcements, and events, but you’ll also be in charge of coordinating newspapers and the yearbook.
🔥 What challenges await you
- Define internal and external communication strategies ensuring the right people are informed at the right time and in the most effective way (for all Picnic locations, including Germany)
- Advice and support founders and all business teams about what, when and how to communicate
- Lead a small team to deliver high-quality communication products
- Write speeches, produce announcements, organize events, coordinate newspapers and yearbook
👉🏼 Who you are
- Master’s degree
- 4 to 5 years of relevant experience (producer, speechwriter, event manager)
- Proficient in Dutch and English
- Your communication skills (both written and spoken) are through the roof
- You’re highly creative with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You enjoy challenges and working with smartasses
- You’re curious to know what’s going on and love to talk to people to taste the vibe
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role