Picnic is data-driven and complex – from pricing strategies, forecasting, warehouse automation, to the ever-expanding growth of our company, we are constantly faced with new challenges and opportunities… That's where you come in!
We are on the hunt for a CRM engineer that forms the crucial link between Picnic’s technology landscape and or commercial teams. With one foot in the tech team and the other in the business, you make sure our business goals become a technical reality. You have a passion for both the technical and the commercial side of CRM marketing.
Have a forward-thinking idea? Tell your team, build, iterate, experiment, and make a real impact in our company!Where you fit in
At Picnic we experiment on a daily basis with the ways we engage with our customers in different countries and across multiple channels. This encompasses transactional communication around deliveries, marketing communication and all app personalization. A robust customer-centered data model forms the foundation underneath all this.
As a CRM engineer you form the bridge between Picnic backend systems and our marketing and CRM teams. You maintain and expand this data model to accommodate continuous experimentation and the roll-out of new features. You also develop and maintain new API integrations with our backend systems.
You can plan and prioritize projects. You don’t just build a single-purpose data pipeline, but you actively think about synergies and improvements across all domains. You facilitate Picnic business teams to get the most out of our CRM marketing system.What challenges await you
- Manage and prioritize development of our CRM system
- Continuous improvement of our CRM database, developing ETL processes
- Continuous API integration improvement
- Drive implementation of projects from kick-off until the final whistle
- Analyse, assess and respond to performance degradations and operational issues
- Collaborate with domain experts and analysts to build a flawless customer experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, or an equivalent quantitative study with at least 1 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Basic experience with CRUD and REST APIs
- Experience in agile development
- Superb communication skills and the ability to clearly scope projects
- Basic HTML knowledge is desirable
- Fluent in English, Dutch not required
- Steep learning curve by taking on responsibility from day one
- Freedom to realize your own projects and implement your ideas
- Be part of a team with ground-breaking entrepreneurs, creative minds, and out-of-the-box-thinking colleagues
- No hierarchical thinking: Be your own leader!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role