Picnic is a cloud-based, app-only supermarket. We have software at our core and display a relentless focus on innovation. Your toolkit will consist of next generation technologies. We want DevOps Engineers to be the glue that binds our team while making an impact on the future of in-app grocery shopping.
🏦 Where you fit in
Picnic is a tech-first venture. Our customers depend on the mobile store for the delivery of their groceries. As one of our DevOps Engineers, it is critical that you ensure our systems remain secure and all operational requirements are fulfilled. Each day you roll-up-your developer sleeves, put on your operator’s hat, and get to work coordinating networks and deploying resources. You keep our systems running smooth, clean, and robust.
We are built on the cloud, so no server hugging (our machines are cattle, not pets). With your finger on the pulse of the entire pipeline, you offer practical advice on deployment while defining and executing our cloud automation strategy. You strive for fast delivery in rapid iterations and have a strong focus on service availability, scalability, and resilience.
We push innovation with forward thinking ideas and new technologies. Currently, we’re moving towards containerisation and infrastructure-as-code deployments. With your inventive mind and analytical approach, you take the opportunity to test and develop more advanced architecture.
As well as being a tech and operational savvy individual, you’re a practical visionary – you know how each system modification will benefit the business. With the latest tech, and alongside gifted colleagues, you help us establish the future of in-app grocery shopping.
We’re open sourcing, so if you require more motivation to apply - check out our page: http://picnic.tech
🔥 What challenges await you
- Design, create, own, and maintain our systems and service deployments (AWS based)
- Continuously improve our infrastructure for better scalability, security, and fault tolerance
- Integrate DevOps methodology into development, deployment, and operations lifecycle
- Create super clean, well-structured, efficient deployment, monitoring, and application management scripts
- Enable rapid deployment of new product features with the necessary safeguards to maintain stability, high availability, and performance
👉🏼 Who you are
- Master in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency configuring and deploying Docker containers
- Experience with cloud computing
- Experience with shell scripting, or another scripting language
- Fluent in English, Dutch not required
- For bonus points: Experience with deploying and managing Java applications
👩💻 Technologies you'll use
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform
- PostgreSQL (PostGIS), MongoDB, Snowflake
- ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Kinesis
Hungry for more? Check out https://stackshare.io/picnic-technologies for an overview of our tech stack.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role