Picnic is a cloud-based, app-only supermarket. We have software at our core and display a relentless focus on innovation. Your toolkit will consist of next generation technologies. We want DevOps Engineers to be the glue that binds our team while making an impact on the future of in-app grocery shopping.
Where you fit in
Picnic is a tech-first venture. Our customers depend on the mobile store for the delivery of their groceries. As one of our DevOps Engineers, it is critical that you ensure our systems remain secure and all operational requirements are fulfilled. Each day you roll-up-your developer sleeves, put on your operator’s hat, and get to work coordinating networks and deploying resources. You keep our systems running smooth, clean, and robust.
We are built on the cloud, so no server hugging (our machines are cattle, not pets). With your finger on the pulse of the entire pipeline, you offer practical advice on deployment while defining and executing our cloud automation strategy. You strive for fast delivery in rapid iterations and have a strong focus on service availability, scalability, and resilience.
We push innovation with forward thinking ideas and new technologies. Currently, we’re moving towards containerisation and infrastructure-as-code deployments. With your inventive mind and analytical approach, you take the opportunity to test and develop more advanced architecture.
As well as being a tech and operational savvy individual, you’re a practical visionary – you know how each system modification will benefit the business. With the latest tech, and alongside gifted colleagues, you help us establish the future of in-app grocery shopping.
We’re open sourcing, so if you require more motivation to apply - check out our page: http://picnic.tech
What you do
- Design, create, own, and maintain our systems and service deployments (AWS based)
- Continuously improve our infrastructure for better scalability, security, and fault tolerance
- Integrate DevOps methodology into development, deployment, and operations lifecycle
- Create super clean, well structured, performant deployment, monitoring, and application management scripts
- Enable rapid deployment of new product features with the necessary safeguards to maintain stability, high availability, and performance
What you need
- Master in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency configuring and deploying Docker containers
- Experience with cloud computing
- Experience with shell scripting, or another scripting language
- Critical thinking and initiative: Hands-on, nothing-is-impossible mindset
- Mental athleticism: Highly analytical and curious intellect
- Superb communication: Ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all teams
- Pragmatic problem solving: You come to an issue armed with a solution
- For bonus points: Experience with deploying and managing Java applications
Technologies we use
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, Packer
- PostgreSQL (PostGIS), MongoDB, Snowflake
- ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Kinesis
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test (dependent per role)
- On-site day