Picnic’s customer base is ever-expanding. In three years, we’ve grown from delivering on one street in Amersfoort to over 60 locations across the Netherlands and Germany. People love our brand - we’re family friendly, fun, local, and sustainable. Customers know we’ll always be at their event, from an E-Flitzer Wettrennen to a neighbourhood party. We want an Eventmanager to join our team and help us develop offline awareness, promote customer participation, and organise national campaigns.
Where you fit in
While we deliver groceries across the Netherlands and Germany, Picnic is a local brand. As our Eventmanager, you’re on the team that arranges promotions, guides the local promotion managers, and communicates with a broad diversity of partners. From Neuss to Krefeld, the campaigns you initiate make everyone feel part of Picnic as a local, friendly, pleasant, and healthy brand.
At Picnic there’s freedom for imagination, and complemented with proactive planning you keep people entertained. It’s vital to know what works where, so with marketing intuition you organise campaigns to suit the city and even the neighbourhood. This intimate understanding of who likes what gets a diverse range of people actively involved in Picnic and supporting the brand.
The creativity you posses is grounded in commercial awareness and long-term vision. You establish and run campaigns such as: developing the team of local promotion managers, designing partnership plans for commercial and non-commercial organisations, or even a Picnic library book return system. The right opportunity never passes you by, and you’re capable of scaling processes from a local to the national level.
Picnic is a data-driven company, and in your role there’s contact with every single team – distribution, partnership, trading – so every project must be measurable. From knowing that 6,000 apples were handed out last quarter to the price of five-years of bouncy castles, you present long-term strategy in well formulated data and analysis. This complements your creative ideas, helping to make Picnic the friendliest and most fun milkman in the world.
What you do
- Develop offline awareness and expand Picnic’s customer base
- Manage and develop team of local promotion managers
- Establish, run, and take ownership over a diversity of campaigns
- Be the key communicator with partners to arrange local and national events
- Transform local campaigns into scalable plans that work on a national/international level
- Present measurable analysis, long-term vision, and strategy of your ideas
- Know the right event to be involved in and never miss an opportunity
What you need
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Commercial Economics, or similar
- 2-5 years experience in Operational Management, Business Development, Brand Activation, or Events Planning
- Commercial awareness: you know who the customer is, how they can be reached, and what customers think of the brand
- A track record of being busy: on the side of studies you were also on the board of several committees
- Proactive and hands-on: you arrange everything with an overview
- Long-term vision: you know how one campaign can be scaled over several cities
- Confidence in abilities: able to hit the ground running from day one
- Entrepreneurial spirit: come up with great ideas and take initiative
- Flexibility: you’re happy to travel across the Rheinland
- Communicator: you can present ideas and campaigns to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Fluent in German
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role