Experienced Product Designer
Experienced Product Designer
At Picnic we care about health and safety, so currently all interviews are done online and our team is working from home. We keep a close eye on the developments around Covid-19, and support your relocation to Amsterdam when it is safe to do so. It is possible to start working remotely with us - have a peek at how the remote onboarding is going here.
Do you want to be part of the grocery revolution? Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in an innovative start-up culture where everything you do matters. With a human-centered approach we have built an incredible service. We are striving to make online grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe!
🏢 Where you fit in
Service and product design is in the DNA of Picnic. We rethink every step from ordering until the groceries are on the consumers´ shelves. The intuitive consumer app, cutting-edge automated warehouses and an ever expanding fleet of electric delivery vehicles: we design, test and develop everything in-house.
You will work on the future of online grocery shopping. Developing an effective tool for weekly shopping. Shaping a rewarding Picnic habit that improves the lives of families, enabling them to spend more quality time together.
We design in close collaboration with our end users. Together with our user research team you will evaluate your work with our customers on a weekly basis. From conceptual service propositions to high fidelity prototypes we user-test it all. This is our fast track to meaningful design insights and it will be highly rewarding for you as a designer.
You will not be limited to work on the consumer app alone. Expect regular side projects on a wide range of topics. You could be asked to improve enterprise software enabling our logistics heroes to deliver great customer experience. You might work on a new endeavour to expand our last mile proposition. Everything is possible and you can truly design your own job.
🔥 The challenges that await you
- Validating data driven hypotheses with great empathy for our users together with our talented product owners and business analysts.
- Identifying and initiating opportunities to improve our user experience in creative and unexpected ways.
- Creating order in the creative chaos. Tackling design challenges in a holistic yet systemic matter.
- Presenting design options in an engaging yet crystal clear manner. Enabling business owners to understand design decisions and give feedback effectively, facilitating swift decision making.
- Acting as a product design ambassador! Spread awareness of the importance of a sound design process and the value of user centered design.
👉🏼 Who you are
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant design field
- 3+ years of digital product design experience and some experience in physical / industrial product design
- Experience designing for mobile apps
- Solid understanding of sketching UI concepts with great eye for detail
- Extensive experience with design and prototyping software, like Adobe CS, Figma, Sketch, Axure, Invision, Principle etc.
- English skills on point; Dutch is a plus, but not a must
🍩 Picnic perks
- Steep learning curve by taking on responsibility from day one
- Freedom to realize your own projects and implement your ideas
- Be part of a team with ground-breaking entrepreneurs, creative minds, and out-of-the-box thinking colleagues
- No hierarchical thinking: be your own leader!
- Freshly prepared lunches by our Chef and Canteen employees
- A young, innovative start-up culture with a lot of fun team activities, after work drinks, Picnic’s yearly festival, Christmas celebration and much more. And during corona times we keep connected by digital events!
Do you want to be part of the grocery revolution? Apply now. See you soon!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role