Fleet Operations Intern
Fleet Operations Intern
Picnic is growing. We have a fleet of electric vehicles that deliver to an expanding customer base. The growth of our fleet must align with our popularity, and that provides plenty of complexity. We want determined students to join our team and help us solve operational challenges.
Where you fit in
At Picnic, we developed a last-mile approach that is perfect for our fleet of Electric Picnic Vehicles. This is the final stop before groceries are gently placed on a customer’s kitchen table. As our Fleet Operations intern, you are part of the team that ensures our fleet continues to grow and deliver. With fresh ideas, you guarantee that cupboards are stocked, fridges full, and our customers’ bellies satisfied.
As pioneers in urban logistics, we are constantly presented with challenges. This creates plenty of room for inventive thinking...and that’s where you come in. From day one, you begin coordinating a personal project. This is the opportunity to get hands-on and apply everything you’ve learnt. We provide the resources, and you’ll watch an idea go from the drawing board to becoming part of our operations. You might for example work on a project developing the new generation of the Electric Picnic Vehicle.
Our interns fit straight into a demanding atmosphere. You may find yourself working alongside the founders, and you’ll certainly be treated as a full-time employee. This will give you invaluable experience in a challenging environment. By getting a foot in the door, you’ll create a solid platform from which to embark on a career. Your hard work and personal project will help the development of our fleet while making an impact on an evolving company.
What you do
- Work in a smart, young, and motivated team
- Ensure that Picnic's fleet continues to grow and deliver
- Coordinate maintenance and capacity across Picnic’s distribution network
- Keep a constant overview of the status of the fleet
- Find ways to improve the current tools and procedures
- Be the point of contact internally and externally for updates
- Propose, develop, and identify a personal project that improves our current operation
- Take a front row seat in the development of our fleet of Electronic Picnic Vehicles
What you need
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Logistics
- Get-up-and-go Mentality: Energy, motivation, and assertive attitude
- Quick Thinking: You identify issues and come armed with a solution
- Long-term Vision: Process-oriented and structured thinking
- Excel Wizard: Outstanding Excel and data analysis skills
- Mechanic’s Mind: A basic working knowledge of vehicles
- Composure: Ability to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines
- Responsibility: You’re confident and happy being the go-to-person
- 3 months, or more, to dedicate to this full-time operational role
- English and Dutch proficiency
- Pay attention: this is not a (thesis) graduation internship
- We are looking for a Fleet intern from July/August/September onwards
Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in a start-up culture where everything you do matters. In our modern Amsterdam office, you will have the freedom to experiment and evolve your own projects as well as the chance to test them on real customers.
You will be part of an international, all-star team of ground-breaking entrepreneurs, brilliant engineers, and data wizards that work with desire and dedication each day. But don’t worry, at Picnic groceries aren’t a chore – we play as hard as we work! Besides all this, you will get 600 euros per month for a full-time internship.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test (dependent per role)
- On-site day