Picnic is the world’s fastest growing online supermarket with a unique business model and a highly engaged customer base. Our mission is to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Beyond that, we love working towards a greener future by using cutting-edge warehouse technologies and running a 100% electrical fleet of delivery vans.
We are on the hunt for a bright, energetic Frontend Developer that will help us develop and maintain internal tools that are critical to the success of our business. Are you ready to join?
Who you are
You get excited by creating exceptional products that change the lives of millions of people. You are able to run a project from its inception until it is shipped. You love writing high-quality code that works under all circumstances and is easy to maintain. In addition, you stay on top of the latest developments the community, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
What you will do on a day-to-day basis
- Interact with our designers and product owners to create specifications for new features
- Implement these features and ensure that they work correctly by writing tests
- Triage and resolve reported bugs
- Refactor older parts of our applications, to improve maintainability and extensibility
- Live and breathe innovation, technology, and engineering
What are the requirements?
- Highly analytical and curious mind with a Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- A passion for web development
- 2+ years of experience shipping high-quality software
- Significant hands-on experience with a modern web framework such as React.js or Angular 2
- Experience with SCM, preferably Git
- Open-source contributions or projects are a plus
- Open personality with superb communication skills (Dutch not required)
What are the perks?
Picnic has a lot of cool stuff to offer. We have an awesome start-up culture where everything you do matters! It’s also an environment where you can develop yourself super-fast and get the freedom to create your own future. We work very hard but we have also a lot of fun together.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role