Hub Manager (Germany)
Hub Manager (Germany)
Hubs are pivotal to Picnic’s operation. They are a fast-paced environment where deliveries come in, electric vehicles are loaded, and Runners set-off to customers’ homes. A smooth, slick process is essential at each hub to keep our supply chain running and our flow of goods on time. We want Hub Managers to oversee the hub with a drive to maintain and improve our operation.
Where you fit in
Picnic runs a just-in-time supply chain. Each part of the operation is critical to success, and our hubs play a lead role. They are the last stop for products before finishing their journey on a customer's kitchen table. As one of our Hub Managers, you take responsibility for this crucial location. The hub is your kingdom. You organise and maintain it, while keeping the hub an efficient part of our operation.
You’re a people person and a leader. Each hub is a community, and you create an engaging work atmosphere to ensure that every person is a valued part of the team. You motivate your team to get them moving, achieving goals, and keeping customers happy with each order they receive.
We’re always looking for improvement, so there’s plenty of room for ideas and experiments. You’ll think strategically about how to enhance processes and solve operational challenges. From repairing our electric vehicles, designing hub layout, to reaching a target audience for recruitment, your ideas will help optimise the flow of goods and facilitate the growth of our company.
What you do
- Manage, coach, and inspire your team
- Ensure that operations run smoothly and safely
- Organise and plan scheduling
- Facilitate the communication between your hub and the central team
- Oversee the maintenance of the local ePV fleet (electric Picnic Vehicles)
- Ensure sufficient capacity to facilitate predicted growth
- Optimise efficiency in your hub and reach set targets
What you need
- Apprenticeship/ "Ausbildung" in logistics, retail or related (Bachelor degree is a plus)
- Experience with leadership roles
- 40 hrs per week to run one of our Hubs
- Leadership: Independent, communicative, and confident personality
- Commitment: Goal oriented, hands-on, and get-things-done attitude
- Composure: Ability to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines
- Quick Thinking: You identify issues and come armed with a solution
- Capable Mind: Intellectual horsepower to learn on the go
- Fluency in German and English
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test (dependent per role)
- On-site day