Hubs Operations Intern (m/w/d)
Hubs Operations Intern (m/w/d)
Picnic is complex and has a growing distribution base. This provides plenty of room for optimisation of our processes. We want bright students to join our team and help us solve operational challenges.
Where you fit in
As our distribution expands we are constantly establishing new hubs. These are the last stop for groceries. Hubs are a bustling environment where deliveries come in and electric vehicles are packed and sent out to customers. As our Hub Operations intern, you’re part of the team that focuses on opening, supporting, and maintaining hubs.
With complex operation challenges, there’s room for inventive thinking and smart solutions. In parallel to optimising a critical piece of our operational puzzle, you work on a unique internship project. This is the opportunity to apply everything you’ve learnt in an evolving operational environment. You tackle issues, optimise processes, and take ownership of forward-thinking ideas.
Our interns fit straight into a demanding atmosphere. You will work together with the entire team, and you’ll certainly be treated as a full-time employee. This will give you invaluable experience in a challenging environment. By getting a foot in the door, you’ll create a solid platform from which to embark on a career. Your hard work and personal project will aid our Hub operations while making an impact in Europe’s fastest growing supermarket.
What you do
- Work in a smart, young, and motivated team
- Ensure our hubs run smoothly, both on an operational and tactical level
- Support hub operations towards rapid growth and scalability
- Open new hubs and set them up for success
- Manage the inventory, facilities, and the equipment for hubs
- Maintain, create and upgrade systems, processes and tools for operational support
- Propose, develop, and identify a personal project that improves our current operation
- Be the go-to-person for Hub Managers when it comes to operational challenges
What you need
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering or Logistics
- Fluency in German and English
- Multitasking: Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Long-term Vision: Process-oriented and structured ideas
- Quick Thinking: You identify issues and come armed with a solution
- Excel Wizard: Outstanding Excel and data analysis skills
- Get-up-and-go Mentality: Energy, motivation, and assertive attitude
- Responsibility: You’re happy to be the go-to-person for operational issues
- Composure: Ability to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines
- 5 months, or more, to dedicate to this full-time operational role
Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in a start-up culture where everything you do matters. In our modern Düsseldorf office, you will have the freedom to experiment and evolve your own projects as well as the chance to test them on real customers.
You will be part of an international, all-star team of ground-breaking entrepreneurs, brilliant engineers, and data wizards that work with desire and dedication each day. But don’t worry, at Picnic groceries aren’t a chore – we play as hard as we work!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role