Hubs Real Estate Intern (m/w/d)
Hubs Real Estate Intern (m/w/d)
Picnic is the world’s fastest growing online supermarket with a simple mission: to make grocery shopping quick, easy and affordable for everyone. To be able to achieve this mission, it is important to have a forward-looking operational strategy. We want bright students to join our team and help us solve those operational challenges.
Where you fit in
As our distribution expands, we are constantly establishing new hubs. Hubs are the base for the future growth of Picnic and therefore an essential piece of the company. Hubs are a bustling environment where deliveries arrive, get packed in Electric Picnic Vehicles (EPV’s) and are sent out to customers. As our Hub Real Estate Intern, you’re part of the team that focuses on the expansion strategy of Picnic in Germany.
You’ll take ownership from searching for new properties to opening them up as Picnic hubs. This is the opportunity to apply everything you’ve learnt in an evolving operational environment. You tackle issues, lead communications with third parties and other Picnic team members, and take ownership of forward-thinking ideas.
Our interns fit straight into a demanding atmosphere. You’ll work together with the entire Distribution Team and play an important role in it. This will give you a unique experience in a challenging environment. By getting a foot in the door, you’ll create a solid platform from which to embark on a career. Your hard work will aid our Hub operations while making an impact in Europe’s fastest growing supermarket.
What you do
- Search for possible areas to open new hubs
- Take ownership of the whole real estate management of hubs - from visiting a new property to signing the contract
- Manage all the communication with third parties (e.g. real estate owners)
- Open new hubs and set them up for success
- Take part in the expansion strategy of Picnic
- Be the first contact person to many stakeholders in the process
- Present Picnic to different stakeholders and help to expand our network
- Work closely with other Picnic teams, such as Analytics, Growth and Fulfillment
What you need
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Real Estate Management or equivalent
- Good Excel and data analysis skills
- Multitasking: Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Long-term Vision: Process-oriented and structured ideas
- Personality: Open and communicative
- Get-up-and-go Mentality: Energy, motivation, and assertive attitude
- Responsibility: You’re happy to be in charge of an own project
- Composure: Ability to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines
- Availability: 4-6 months to dedicate to this full-time role
- Fluency in German and English
Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in a start-up culture where everything you do matters. In our Düsseldorf office, you will have the freedom to experiment and evolve your own projects as well as the chance to test them on real customers.
You will be part of an international, all-star team of ground-breaking entrepreneurs, brilliant engineers, and data wizards that work with desire and dedication each day. But don’t worry, at Picnic groceries aren’t a chore – we play as hard as we work!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role