Picnic is an app-only supermarket. Customers rely on a smooth and bug-free app for their groceries. Our developers work in a challenging environment to write the future of in-app grocery shopping. We want iOS developers to push innovative features while maintaining ease-of-use.
Where you fit in
Our customers trust the Picnic app. It provides an easy step in the delivery of their daily groceries. The interaction is quick and seamless, with grocery shopping done at the tap of a fingertip!
As one of our iOS developers, you work in an environment where mistakes are fatal. Critical bugs mean; no deliveries, no food, and a bunch of hungry customers. Our bi-weekly updates must run smooth and bug-free. You will work towards improving these stats:
- 4.7 star rating
- 99.93% crash free sessions
Those numbers don’t come by chance, but from a dynamic relationship between our designers, product owners, and engineers. Working collaboratively you ensure that high-quality is maintained, nuanced requirements fulfilled, and our customers’ groceries delivered.
You’re comfortable in product development and understand it not only as a tool to showcase technical ability, but as a way to improve people’s lives. At weekly user-testing lab sessions, you test, evaluate, and evolve ideas. You expand the features of our iOS app without taking away from the simplicity of the mobile store.
Owning your features, you’re ready to pursue your interests while writing the future of in-app grocery shopping!
If you still require more motivation to apply - check out our page: http://picnic.tech
What you do
- Ensure the iOS app runs smoothly by writing high-quality code, unit, and snapshot tests
- Triage and resolve bugs reported by our customers
- Refactor older parts of the application to improve maintainability and extensibility
- Refine and advance the architecture of our app
- Collaborate with your QA and UX peers to test for robustness and reliability, and ensure user-friendly interaction
What you need
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience shipping high-quality software
- Strong Swift skills and good knowledge of the Cocoa Touch APIs
- Experience with SCM, preferably Git
- Experience with RxSwift or another FRP framework is preferred
- Critical thinking and initiative: Hands-on, nothing-is-impossible mindset
- Mental athleticism: Highly analytical and curious intellect
- Superb communication: Ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all teams
- For bonus points: Open-source contributions or projects
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test (dependent per role)
- On-site day