IT Support Engineer Intern
IT Support Engineer Intern
At Picnic we care about health and safety, so currently all interviews are done online and our team is working from home. We keep a close eye on the developments around Covid-19, and support your relocation to Amsterdam when it is safe to do so. It is possible to start working remotely with us - have a peek at how the remote onboarding is going here.
Picnic is an app-only supermarket. With a revolutionary distribution model, in-house software for all steps in the supply chain, and highly skilled engineers, Picnic became world’s fastest growing supermarket. To facilitate further growth, we’re on a quest for like-minded people to be part of the future of digital grocery shopping.
Where you fit in
Picnic started providing groceries in 2015. The service is growing fast and new cities are being launched each month. With an innovative app and intelligent algorithms, we deliver groceries to an ever-expanding customer base. That means a lot of hardware and administration.
As our IT Support Engineer, you are key responsible for the IT related productivity of our colleagues in the office, fulfilment centres, and hubs. By ensuring that our systems are up and running and secure, you guarantee the delivery of groceries across the Netherlands and Germany.
This is hands-on support that goes beyond, ‘Have you tried turning it off and on again?’. We run advanced Warehouse Management Systems and a fleet of electric vans that operate to restrictive deadlines: daily deliveries go out each day, no compromises. With hard work and quick-thinking, you fix problems and respond to direct calls on critical network issues.
This role provides valuable experience in an ambitious tech company. There is plenty room for growth to develop yourself. With the latest tech, a fast-paced environment, and experienced colleagues, you will acquire and apply valuable best practices in network infrastructure, security, and asset & account management.
We’re open sourcing, so if you require more motivation to apply - check out our page: http://picnic.tech
What you do
- Provide hands-on assistance with office IT issues
- Maintain and improve parts of the network infrastructure
- Be a security ambassador across the company
- Design and improve work processes regarding asset and account management
- Take initiative to implement IT related improvements
What you need
- Undergoing or completed a bachelor’s degree in Security and Network Engineering, IT Management, Computer Networks or any related field
- The perfect candidate knowledge of the following:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows
- Intermediate knowledge of MacOS and Linux
- Basic understanding of Google Suite and Microsoft Office apps
- Basic understanding of mail server standards
- Basic understanding of LAN protocols and equipment
- Basic understanding of security best practices
- Fluent in English
- Be available for at least 3 days per week
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role