Eindhoven, Utrecht, Rotterdam, Diemen
Picnic runs a just-in-time supply chain. We need an analytical, adventurous and people-orientated team to run our operations, develop in-house systems and keep Picnic’s Fulfilment Center a well-oiled machine.
Where you fit in
Many processes happen simultaneously across our operation. It's a growing and changing environment and each day presents a logistical puzzle. As our Operations Manager, you manage the floor and keep on top of daily challenges.
A few days a week you're in charge of an entire Fulfilment Center (FC). You lead the Shoppers and their team leads to ensure all groceries leave the FC complete and on time. Under your supervision, people stay happy and there is a slick, smooth and intelligent flow of goods.
You implement diverse projects to optimize and scale our operations, so we can continue growing at the current incredible speed. With insights gained from the floor and an eye for how processes work, you analyze the workflow of the FC and find efficiency gainers. Soon you’ll have multiple projects under your belt and a passion for making improvements.
We develop in-house software to keep an edge on our operational game. There’s a team of Data Analysts and Software Developers that create our systems. You’ll work with them to deep dive into issues and together you improve Picnic’s Warehouse Management System.
Are you excited? This is the chance to develop future-proof supply chains and establish the next generation of operational logistics. Our young team takes on big challenges. Come join us!
What you do
- Supervise an FC a few days a week
- Motivate large groups of people to reach challenging objectives
- Formulate, manage and monitor operation metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and operational performance
- Implement and test projects to improve flow processes and the Warehouse Management System
- Consult and collaborate with all relevant departments to improve daily
- You'll have one FC as your base (Diemen, Eindhoven, Utrecht or Rotterdam)
What you need
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration or related
- 2 to 6 years of full-time work experience, preferably in a related field
- Experience with leadership roles
- Drive: with a get-up-and-go attitude, you’re ready at 6 A.M.
- Quick thinking: you identify issues and come armed with a solution
- Capable mind: intellectual horsepower to learn on the go
- Analytical eye: not a data wizard, but you quickly grasp numerical information
- Humbleness: you stack shelves and pack boxes to better understand the flow of processes
- Fluency in English and preferably also in Dutch
Want to see what the Operations Manager position is like? Check out this video.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role