Picnic is an app-only supermarket. We’re data-driven with software at our core. Our world-class developers write immaculate code to support the world’s fastest growing supermarket. We’re on a quest for like-minded people to be part of the future of digital grocery shopping.
🏦 Where you fit in
Our developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. From route planning, scaling our customer analytics to handle millions of messages, to how many bananas we should have in our warehouse on a Thursday – they write, plan, and predict.
As one of our Python Engineers, you take ownership of projects, learn, and work collaboratively with your colleagues. You constantly design, test, evolve, and evaluate the nuts and bolts of our operation while offering a creative and analytical approach.
The high-quality code that stems from your fingertips is stylish, sexy, and robust. But you also love to share, teach, and guide others in their quest for excellence. You get more out of seeing someone else build something great under your guidance than building it yourself.
We don’t hide our developments. We open-source with the community that helped us grow. If you require more motivation to apply - check out our page: http://picnic.tech.
🔥 What challenges await you
- Design, develop, and test new data-related features for our platform
- Create high-quality code that is scalable, reliable and reusable
- Help our analysts with any engineering questions or challenges they may face
- Optimize supply chain systems to maximize operational performance and efficiency
- Analyze and improve the scalability and security of our data platform
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
👉🏼 Who you are
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expert in Python (at least 3 years of experience)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with NoSQL solutions like MongoDB, Elastic Search, and RabbitMQ
- Experience with creating and maintaining Python packages
- Experience with building microservices
👩💻 Technologies you'll use
- Python 3.7
- Pipenv and Git
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Travis CI
Hungry for more? Check out https://stackshare.io/picnic-technologies for an overview of our tech stack.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role