QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer
Picnic is an app-only supermarket. Using next generation technologies, we constantly evolve our frontend and backend systems. We want brilliant QA Engineers to help us maintain our high-level of quality while writing the future of in-app grocery shopping.
Where you fit in
Picnic’s customers rely on in-app ordering for their fresh, high-quality, and weekly groceries. As one of our QA Engineers, you focus on backend, APIs, and web applications. That gives you the opportunity to test systems that are being used in an evolving and fully integrated supply-chain.
If a system isn’t properly tested, our operation will be affected and a customer’s order may be messed up. That could mean no bananas to an area in Rotterdam, resulting in an upset customer, possibility of scurvy, and a bad rating. With an eye for detail and commitment to excellence, you never let that happen.
While your focus is on the backend, APIs, and web systems, Picnic operates over multiple platforms. This gives you the chance to diversify your abilities, and develop skills in Android, iOS, and Logistics.
To get a grasp of the high-quality we expect, check out the iOS app stats:
- 4.7 star rating
- 99.93% crash free sessions
Our team is proud of those numbers. But there’s no luck involved. They come from a dynamic relationship between our product owners, engineers, and designers. As a QA Engineer, you don’t hide behind your computer screen - you talk to everyone to ensure that the team works towards a common goal.
We work with in-house, tailor-made testing tools. But we think you can do better. Using your familiarity with next generation technologies you improve and construct tools. You do this while demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit, complemented by fresh ideas and a real passion for what you do.
We’re open sourcing, so if you require more motivation to apply - check out our page: http://picnic.tech
What you do
- Champion product and service quality across the whole organization
- Ensure high-quality product features, releases, and roll-outs
- Write and maintain test scripts for API level testing, backend, and web applications
- Execute test scripts and report bugs to our Development team
- Monitor reported bugs and verify that they are fixed in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Keep up with the latest technologies and define our future technology stack
What you need
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or any Engineering discipline
- 3 years experience with test automation
- Hands-on experience with tools like Postman and SoapUI
- Experience with test automation in Java, Python or other programming languages
- Experience with test automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium or similar
- Mental athleticism: Highly analytical and curious intellect
- Out-of-the-box thinking and initiative: Hands-on, nothing-is-impossible mindset
- Superb communication: Ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all teams
- Quality control: Commitment to excellence, performance, and efficiency
- Bonus Points: Experience with testing mobile applications
- Bonus Points: Experience with performance test tools like JMeter or Gatling
Technologies and Tools we use
- Postman, Jmeter, Gatling, Charles Proxy
- Appium, Junit, Selenium IDE/Selenium Webdriver
- Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Terraform
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Scalyr & BugSnag
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test (dependent per role)
- On-site day