React Developer (Mobile)
React Developer (Mobile)
Picnic is the world’s fastest growing online supermarket with a unique business model and a highly engaged customer base. Our mission is to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Beyond that, we love working towards a greener future by using cutting-edge warehouse technologies and running a 100% electrical fleet of delivery vans.
Picnic is looking for bright and energetic React Developers to work on our Runner App Stack. The stack consists of two applications: a mobile app that our runners use when delivering groceries (called the Runner App) and a web application to monitor the operation from our hubs (called the R+ console). Do you love writing high-quality code that works under any and all circumstances and is easy to maintain? Then look no further!
Who you are
You get excited by creating exceptional products that change the lives of millions of people. You love writing high-quality code that works under all circumstances and is easy to maintain. You stay on top of the latest developments in the community and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. Finally, you recently graduated, or are about to graduate in Computer Science or a similar field (we’re never against some experience as well ;)).
What you will do on a day-to-day basis
- Work on the runner app and the R+ console
- Interact with our designers and product owners to create specifications for new features
- Implement these features and ensure that they work correctly by writing tests
- Triage and resolve reported bugs
- Refactor older parts of our applications, to improve maintainability and extensibility
- Live and breathe innovation, technology, and engineering
What are the requirements?
- A highly analytical and curious mind with a Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- A passion for product development
- 2+ years of experience shipping high-quality software
- Experience with SCM, preferably Git
- Open-source contributions or projects are a plus
- Open personality with superb communication skills (Dutch not required)
What are the perks?
Picnic has a lot of cool stuff to offer. We have an awesome start-up culture where everything you do matters! It’s also an environment where you can develop yourself super-fast and get the freedom to create your own future. Curious for more? Have a look at these articles:
- React Native at Picnic by Lars Lockerfeer (Mobile Tech Lead)
- 5 user-testing insights that shaped the Picnic Runner App by Wiemer Viet (UX/ UI Designer)
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role