Picnic is Europe’s fastest growing online supermarket. What started as an idea in Amsterdam, has taken the world of e-commerce by storm. With a unique business model and a highly engaged customer base, Picnic has expanded across the Netherlands and is ready for the next step. To achieve this, we want a recruiter to grow our team in Germany.
Where you fit in
In Düsseldorf, Picnic is busy with a unique challenge: to unlock the online potential of Germany’s grocery market. The team is growing quickly. But we never sacrifice quantity for quality. Recruiting is a core strategic driver of success and we take care that each new hire is a perfect fit for the team.
As our recruiter in Germany, you use empathetic intelligence to find the best talent for Picnic. You make potential candidates feel comfortable during phone calls, interviews, and case-days. You’re approachable and open-minded, but this warmth is backed by a sharp business sense. You instantly get the profile we want and you understand the importance of a good hire.
Recruitment is a two-way process. It’s not just about finding the right people for Picnic but also about making sure that Picnic is the right company for candidates. Under your supervision, everyone receives an insightful process. Even unsuccessful applicants appreciate our recruitment and grow from your feedback.
We innovate wherever necessary. Working with the recruitment team in Amsterdam, you push creative ideas to develop unique recruitment tools. You won’t just be helping us expand Picnic in Germany, but you’ll also be establishing a new recruiting platform!
What you do
- Find and hire exceptional talents to further build the team in Germany
- Develop employer branding and marketing strategies in Germany
- Boost our employer brand and grow visibility in academic communities
- Assess skills, performance, and cultural fit of candidates
- Organise recruitment events
- Spend the first month in Amsterdam before relocating to Düsseldorf
What you will need
- Master’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in building teams
- Native-level German and fluency in English
- Excellent Communication: Engagement with diverse stakeholders (candidates to founders)
- Listening Skills and Empathy: You care about every candidates and quickly understand what drives and motivates someone
- Business Sense: Understanding of how each hire affects the company
- Organisational Delicacy: Ability to handle sensitive information
- Out-of-the-box Thinking: Creative and innovative approach to recruitment
- Confidence: Positive mind that’s full of energy
- Flexibility: Willingness to travel between Amsterdam and Düsseldorf
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test (dependent per role)
- On-site day