Smart Charging Intern
Smart Charging Intern
Do you want to be part of the supermarket revolution? At Picnic you get the chance to join a young and forward-thinking startup culture, where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies of the Netherlands!
We’ve been working on our own smart energy grid. We want a Smart Charging intern to join our team and help us make an important energy transition.
Where you fit in
Picnic is electric and smart in its use of energy. There’s a last-mile delivery approach with a fleet of electric vehicles that deliver to the doorstep. We want to be a leader in the energy transition. We’re trying to minimize our energy use, enabling smart charging and feeding back into the grid. As our Smart Charging intern, you will make sure our electrical fleet is ready for the future of bi-directional charging.
This is a huge opportunity for anyone interested in sustainable energy technology and electric vehicles. Surrounded by the young and smart minds of Picnic, you will have the chance to apply everything you’ve learned during your studies, and to develop your expertise. Not only will you make a genuine impact at Picnic, but you will also help write the future of e-commerce, urban logistics, and sustainable delivery.
We expect interns to fit straight into a demanding atmosphere. You’ll find yourself working with people from all teams, treated as a full-time employee, and receiving invaluable experience in a challenging environment. With a foot in the door, you can create a solid platform from which to embark on a career. By working with us to lead the energy transition, you can help make Picnic the world’s most sustainable milkman.
What you do
You will prepare our current vehicle for bi-directional charging capabilities. This includes:
- Developing a fully functional spec for an efficient bi-directional charging solution in our current vehicle
- Working together with our vehicle supplier and manufacturer to come up with a technically feasible solution, and applying this solution to an actual vehicle
- Performing tests and preparing a method statement to implement your solution to 10 vehicles
- Sharing your findings with the New Vehicle team for possible future implementation in our next generation of Picnic delivery vehicles
What you need
- Currently pursuing a university or university of applied sciences (HBO) study in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, with a high interest in Sustainable Energy Technology
- A regular internship is preferred, a graduation project might be possible after a thorough review of the research objective
- Out-of-the-box Thinking and Initiative: Hands-on, nothing-is-impossible mindset
- Proactive and roll up your sleeves attitude
- Quick Learning: Intellectual horsepower to learn on the go
- At least six months availability
- Fluency in English and Dutch
In our modern Amsterdam office, you will have the freedom to experiment and evolve your own projects as well as the chance to test them on real customers. You will be part of an international, all-star team of ground-breaking entrepreneurs, brilliant engineers, and data wizards that work with desire and dedication each day. But don’t worry, at Picnic groceries aren’t a chore – we play as hard as we work! Besides all this, you will get 600 euros per month for a full-time internship.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role