Software Development Engineer in Test
Software Development Engineer in Test
Do you want to be part of the supermarket revolution? At Picnic you get the chance to join a young and forward-thinking startup culture, where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies of the Netherlands!
Using next generation technologies, we constantly evolve our frontend and backend systems. We need brilliant Software Development Engineers in Test to ensure the delivery of a high-quality software and platform for our product teams.
🏢 Where you fit in
Picnic’s customers rely on in-app ordering for their fresh, high-quality, and weekly groceries. As one of our Software Development Engineer inTest, you focus on backend, APIs, and web applications. That gives you the opportunity to test software systems that are being used in an evolving and fully integrated supply-chain.
You'll be responsible for building and executing automated testing and infrastructure across multiple products and platforms. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented engineer with strong cross-functional skills who has a passion for building great software products and improving engineering and testing efficiency. You will ensure the release of our products and software.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you don’t hide behind your computer screen - you talk to everyone to ensure that the team works towards a common goal. You are an essential part of a dynamic relationship between product owners, engineers, and designers.
We work with in-house, tailor-made testing tools. But we think you can do better. Using your familiarity with next generation technologies you improve and construct tools. You do this while demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit, complemented by fresh ideas and a real passion for what you do.
We’re open sourcing, so if you require more motivation to apply - check out our page: http://picnic.tech
🔥 What challenges await you
- Write and implement high-quality automated tests to verify release readiness
- Design and implement automated test frameworks and tools
- Investigate automated test failures to ensure high signal from our automated tests
- Manage contingent engineers on the team to ensure high output volume
- Track effectiveness and coverage of automated tests
- Independently drive goals as a seasoned project manager - tracking and reporting on status, escalating risks, and finding solutions to obstacles
- Keep up with the latest technologies and define our future technology stack
👉🏼 Who you are
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or any Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience with test automation
- Hands-on experience with tools like Postman and SoapUI
- Experience with test automation in Java, Python or other programming languages
- Experience with test automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium or similar
- Fluent in English, Dutch not required
👩💻 The tech we use
- Postman, Jmeter, Gatling, Charles Proxy
- Appium, Junit, Selenium IDE/ Webdriver
- Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Terraform
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Scalyr & BugSnag
Hungry for more? Check out our tech stack.
🍩 Picnic perks
Located in Amsterdam, our fun-filled office is the best place for you to focus on your Picnic projects. Equipped with your favorite hardware and surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll grow professionally and personally, while enjoying the startup life along the way. We like to keep our 40-hour work-week flexible around here.
Our tech team consists of 15 product teams, which handle tons of innovative projects. Sharing, mentoring and keeping up to date is a must at Picnic: Meetups, webinars, Lunch & Learn sessions, and our very own Tech academy make sure that’s taken care of. Your soft skills will get some attention as well, with tailored training and courses.
Our salaries are market competitive and our pension program will put your mind at ease.
🏡 Relocation package?
Sure! If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in.
If you are joining us from a country that doesn’t allow traveling to the Netherlands just yet, there's a chance that your onboarding could take place remotely. We had lots of new team members starting their Picnic-journey remotely already, you can have a peek at how it's going here.
What are you waiting for? Get in touch! And no worries, the whole process is currently fully remote, to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role