Supply Chain Coordinator
Supply Chain Coordinator
Do you want to be part of the online grocery revolution? At Picnic you get the chance to join a young and forward-thinking startup culture, where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies of the Netherlands!
Where you fit in
Many processes happen simultaneously across our operations. It's a growing and changing environment and each day presents a logistical puzzle. We develop an understanding of how processes interact to keep the supply chain running smoothly. As Supply Chain Coordinator, you proactively spot issues, find pragmatic solutions and help make our customers happy every day.
You work together with our suppliers to make sure our entire assortment is available to our customers. When the Trading team has new products to add to the assortment, you’ll work out the logistics. You run your own improvement projects, while you also have a constant eye on the daily operations. When challenges occur, you focus your energy where it matters. With later analysis, root causes are found and you prevent similar issues from happening again.
You know what customers want. When it's sunny, you know that we will need enough BBQ sets and hamburgers to satisfy an appetite for outside eating. You contact suppliers to maintain high product availability. Do you play good cop? Or do you demand a quick fix? Knowing how to negotiate helps you get the best for Picnic’s customers.
Picnic is an evolving company and we run in-house systems. You'll have the resources to implement projects and find innovative efficiencies in our supply chain. From improving freshness, maintaining a low-waste cycle to identifying short and long term improvements, you optimize Picnic’s operation.
What you do
- Coordinate Picnic’s supply chain, where you will focus on a specific part of the assortment;
- Maintain and monitor Picnic’s operational relationship with our suppliers;
- Manage and adjust order and delivery schedules;
- Design, implement and run improvement projects;
- You’ll be working in Utrecht and Amsterdam, with regular visits to the Fulfilment Centers and suppliers across the country.
What you need
- Master’s degree, preferably related to Supply Chain Management or Engineering;
- 1-4 years experience within the supply chain field;
- Fluency in Dutch, and preferably also English;
- Data drive: you want to verify every claim with solid data;
- Persistence and enthusiasm: you turn ‘it’s not possible’ into ‘it’s on the way’;
- Creativity and pragmatism: you find original solutions for things that need to be fixed now;
- Responsibility and leadership: you can work independently and you have a confident personality;
- Composure: the ability to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines;
- Talent for planning: you see things coming and have already planned for it;
- Commercial awareness: you know what customers want and when;
- Superb communication: capacity to articulate problems and projects to all stakeholders.
Write history by developing yourself within the fastest-growing company of The Netherlands, while optimizing the Picnic supply chain, and improving your communication and analytical skills. Apply now!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role