Supply Chain Intern
Supply Chain Intern
Picnic runs a just-in-time supply chain and a last-mile delivery strategy. That requires logistical and operational brilliance. We need analytical, capable and driven people to keep our operations a well-oiled machine. We want a Supply Chain Intern to join our young team in Germany. Develop your skills and learn in a unique company!
Where you fit in
Many processes happen simultaneously across our operation. It's a growing and changing environment and each day presents a logistical puzzle. As our Supply Chain intern, you get safety shoes on and learn on the floor of the Fulfilment Centre (where we turn trade units into customer orders). You work with the Operations Manager, Captains and the Shopper team to gain insights into workflow and keep Picnic running smoothly.
This is the chance to take on real responsibility and manage unique projects. You use an analytical eye to examine the interaction between operational processes. We give you the freedom to test original ideas because our operation is built on in-house systems. So you can be creative and design and implement innovative efficiencies.
We expect interns to fit straight into a demanding atmosphere. You’ll be treated as a full-time employee and receive invaluable experience in a challenging environment. Your work will have a genuine impact on an evolving company. And with a foot in the door, you can create a solid platform to embark on a career.
What you do
- Get stuck in and learn about a unique just-in-time supply chain
- Communicate with the team on the floor
- Analyze F.C processes and spot improvements
- Design and implement efficiency gainers
- Be involved in the further expansion of Picnic’s operations
What you need
- Currently studying Msc. in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Business with a focus on operations
- Experience or affinity with an operational environment
- Drive: a get-up-and-go attitude
- Quick thinking: you identify issues and come armed with a solution
- Capable mind: intellectual horsepower to learn on the go
- Analytical eye: data wizard or not, you quickly grasp ideas
- Humbleness: you stack shelves and pack boxes to better understand flow processes
- Fluency in German and English
- This position is possible as a graduation internship (but you’ll need a minimum of 6 months)
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test (dependent per role)
- On-site day