Supply Chain Operations Intern
Supply Chain Operations Intern
Are you looking for hands on experience in supply chain before starting your career? Curious to see what it’s like to work in the Netherland’s fastest growing company? Interested in being surrounded by young and intelligent people while being responsible for our distribution operations? Then read on!
Picnic is complex and our distribution base is growing. This provides plenty of room for optimisation of our processes. We are looking for determined students to join our team and work with us to solve operational challenges. This is a great opportunity to gain supply chain experience first hand!
Where you fit in
As our distribution expands, we are constantly establishing new hubs. These are the last stop for groceries before reaching our customers’ door. Hubs are a bustling environment where deliveries come in and ePVs (electric Picnic vehicles) are packed and sent out to customers. As our Supply Chain Operations Intern, you’re responsible for the opening, supporting, and maintaining of those hubs.
Next to this, your team is also responsible for the well-being of our fleet. As the last link in the chain, our ePVs are crucial to the good running of our operation, which means they need to be pampered and catered to at all times. With fresh ideas regarding our fleet operations, you guarantee that cupboards are stocked, fridges are full, and our customers satisfied.
Our interns fit straight into a demanding atmosphere. You will be embedded in the team from Day 1 and will be treated with the same responsibilities and expectations as any team member. This will give you valuable experience in a challenging environment. By getting a foot in the door, you’ll create a solid platform from which to embark on a career. Your hard work will aid our Hub and Fleet operations while making a lasting impact in the Netherlands’ fastest growing company.
What challenges await you
- Open new hubs and set them up for success
- Manage the inventory, facilities, and the equipment for hubs
- Maintain, create and upgrade systems, processes and tools for operational support
- Coordinate maintenance and capacity of the fleet across Picnic’s distribution network
- Propose, develop, and identify a personal project that improves our current operation
- Be the go-to-person for Hub Managers when it comes to operational challenges
Who you are
- Pursuing a (HBO or university) Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in for example Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or Logistics
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- At least 5 months of time to dedicate to this full-time operational role
- It is NOT possible to do a (thesis) graduation internship
Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in a start-up culture where everything you do matters. In our modern Amsterdam office, you will have the freedom to experiment and evolve your own projects as well as the chance to test them on real customers.
You will be part of an international, young, all-star team of ground-breaking entrepreneurs, brilliant engineers, and data wizards that work with desire and dedication each day. But don’t worry, at Picnic groceries aren’t a chore – we play as hard as we work! Chances are you leave Picnic with a couple of new friends. Besides all this, you will get 600 euros per month for a full-time internship.
Keywords: logistiek, distributie, stage, meewerkstage, supermarkt, proactief, operatie, supply chain stage
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role