Picnic is an app-only supermarket. We’re data driven with software at our core. Our world-class developers write immaculate code to build this year’s fastest-growing Dutch company. We’re on a quest for like-minded people to be part of the future of digital grocery shopping.
🏦 Where you fit in
At Picnic, we are dedicated to writing code of the highest quality to run an infrastructure that was designed, and is maintained, with the greatest care. With our explosive growth, we’ve had the opportunity to welcome new colleagues, of all levels, and we’ve enjoyed passing on our love for clean code and scalable platforms to our latest team members.
But given our current expansion plans, we will soon need help to transmit this passion with the same excitement and efficiency as is currently done. This is where you come in. As our Tech Trainer, you’ll design, in cooperation with the team leads, a 6-weeks curriculum containing all the relevant subjects for the integration of our most recent tech team members.
As a Java and Python expert, you’ll be responsible for teaching the curriculum, and making sure the students are getting as much practical experience, as theoretical knowledge. And if that’s not enough of a challenge for you, we are open to the possibility of combining this role with software developer position in the tech team.
🔥 What challenges await you
- Designing a 6-weeks curriculum encompassing our full stack
- In cooperation with the team leads
- Encompasses our full stack
- Teaching newcomers all the basics of the Picnic stack to allow them to thrive from Day 1
- Acting as a consultant in Java and Python
- Possibility to combine with a software developer position
👉🏼 Who you are
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a teaching position
- Available on a part-time basis (full-time if combining role with the developer position)
- Bonus points:
- Experience as a software developer (using Java or Python)
👩🏼💻 Technologies we use
- Java 11 (Reactor and Spring 5)
- ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Kinesis
- Maven and Git
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault
Hungry for more? Check out https://stackshare.io/picnic-technologies for an overview of our tech stack.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role