At Picnic we care about health and safety, so currently all interviews are done online and our team is working from home. We keep a close eye on the developments around Covid-19, and support your relocation to Amsterdam when it is safe to do so. It is possible to start working remotely with us - have a peek at how the remote onboarding is going here.
Do you want to be part of the grocery revolution? Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in an innovative start-up culture where everything you do matters. With a human-centered approach we have built an incredible service. We are striving to make online grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe!
🏢 Where you fit in
Your goal is to make online grocery shopping a completely effortless and rewarding journey. In order to achieve this, you research user habits, identify opportunities and develop prototypes for new promising features.
With the user research team you evaluate your work with our customers on a weekly basis. From the first sketches to high fidelity prototypes we user-test it all. This is our fast track to meaningful design insights and it will be highly rewarding for you as a designer.
You are an opinionated designer who strives for perfection. The prospect of working in an environment where your designs are quickly developed and hypotheses are quantitatively tested excites you. Building a completely personalized product and testing it with an engaged user group is a dream which you can’t wait to make reality.
🔥 The challenges that await you
- Validating data driven hypotheses with great empathy for our users together with our talented product owners and business analysts.
- Processing and digesting qualitative user feedback effectively. Keeping the user test funnel filled with design proposals to ensure we learn as much as possible from each user test session.
- Pushing projects forward from problem analysis until the final UI details and functional requirement documentation while using your end-to-end design skills.
- Supporting our talented developers to ensure the best UX code.
- Improving and continuously exploring new ideas, design is never done ;). Your self-starting mindset will keep the needle moving.
👉🏼 Who you are
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant design field
- 1+ years of relevant UX working experience, preferably including designing for mobile apps
- Solid understanding of sketching UI concepts with great eye for detail
- Extensive experience with design and prototyping software, like Adobe CS, Figma, Sketch, Axure, Invision, Principle etc.
- English skills on point; Dutch is a plus, but not a must
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands
🍩 Picnic perks
- Steep learning curve by taking on responsibility from day one
- Freedom to realize your own projects and implement your ideas
- Be part of a team with ground-breaking entrepreneurs, creative minds, and out-of-the-box-thinking colleagues
- No hierarchical thinking: Be your own leader!
- Freshly prepared lunches by our Chef and canteen employees
- A young, innovative start-up culture with a lot of fun team activities, after work drinks, Picnic’s yearly festival, Christmas celebration and much more. And during corona times we keep connected by digital events!
Do you want to be part of the grocery revolution? Apply now. See you soon!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role