UX Research Intern
UX Research Intern
Do you want to be part of the supermarket revolution? At Picnic, you get the chance to join a young and forward-thinking startup culture, where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies in the Netherlands!
Our customers trust the mobile store to provide fresh groceries. We rely on their insights to help us improve, develop, and evolve our service. Picnic’s customers test our newest features at weekly testing sessions. The UX Lab is fully-fledged, and we’re looking for a fresh mind to bring it to a higher level. You will have the freedom and opportunity to take the Lab into uncharted territories by running weekly research and design experiments, strengthening our current UX operation.
As our UX Research intern, you are part of a diverse team. You will be working collaboratively with Data Analysts, Product Owners, and Designers to develop the full user experience. With empathy and an open personality, you guide our users through weekly research activities.
Next to conducting usability research, you will be using the UX Lab as a platform of analysis to observe and investigate consumer behavior. With off-the-wall thinking, you examine insights from unique angles to bring a deeper understanding of customer experience and provide testable hypotheses. Besides research, you will take part in design activities like brainstorming about new ideas and thinking along on new features or improvements.
What you will do
- Become part of the UX Lab and use it to bring deep level insights to persistent challenges
- Collaborate with UX Specialists to further grow and shape Picnic’s user research operations
- Collaborate with UX Designers to design and test prototypes on a weekly basis
- Document and review sessions to provide actionable insights to the store, habit, and other teams
- Inspire and coach others to conduct research experiments
- With the right design, you change the way people behave
- Be the face of Picnic and engage with customers
Who you are
- Currently enrolled in a Dutch design education program and eligible to work in the Netherlands
- You have an inspiring portfolio to showcase a variety of UX projects
- Full-time (40 hours per week) availability from September 2021
- Available for 6 months
- Fluency in both Dutch and English is required. Working proficiency in German is a plus
- Flexibility: Agile approach and ability to learn on the go
- Approachable: Can strike up a conversation with anyone
- Creativity: Out-of-the-box, unconventional thinking
In our modern Amsterdam office, you will have the freedom to experiment and evolve your own projects as well as the chance to test them on real customers. You will be part of an international, all-star team of ground-breaking entrepreneurs, brilliant engineers, and data wizards that work with desire and dedication each day. But don’t worry, at Picnic groceries aren’t a chore – we play as hard as we work! Besides all this, you will get 600 euros per month for a full-time internship.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role