Picnic is an app-only supermarket. Our customers trust the mobile store to provide fresh groceries. We rely on their insights to help us improve, develop and evolve our service. Picnic’s customers test our newest features at weekly testing sessions. The UX lab is fully-fledged, but we want a UX Specialist to fill well-worn shoes and take the lab into uncharted territories.
Where you fit in
As our UX specialist, you are part of a diverse team. You will be working collaboratively with Data Analysts, Product Owners, and Designers to develop the full user experience. With empathy and an open personality you guide users through the weekly UX lab.
The lab is your focal point. Half the week you use it to test prototypes. The other half as a platform of analysis to observe and investigate consumer behaviour. You experiment to answer big questions. Why do people churn? Why do some customers never use the search feature? How can we improve first order conversion? Every week presents a new question or challenge to explore, evolve, and evaluate. With off-the-wall thinking you examine insights from unique angles to bring a deeper understanding of customer experience and provide testable hypotheses.
You fuse quantitative and qualitative data to pursue design prototypes and habit-forming features. You’re an instigator. Outcome driven. Your ideas make customer interaction more tailored, developed and engaging. With curiosity and initiative, you drive the UX lab, lead Picnic’s design decisions, and establish the future of in-app grocery shopping.
What you do
- Take ownership of the UX lab and use it to bring deep level insights to persistent challenges
- Provide new hypothesis to test and experiment
- Collaborate with designers to gather and test prototypes on a weekly basis
- Document and review sessions to provide actionable insights to the store, habit and other teams
- With the right design you change the way people behave
- Be the face of Picnic and engage with customers
Who you are
- Master’s Degree (E.g. Product Development, Consumer Behaviour, Econometrics)
- Analytical Eye: You’re not a data wizard, but you’re familiar with Excel and know how to visualize and interpret data.
- Flexibility: Agile approach and ability to learn on the go
- Approachable: Can strike up a conversation with anyone
- Creativity: Out-of-the box, unconventional thinking
- Fluency in both Dutch and English
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test (dependent per role)
- On-site day