Vehicle Development Intern
Vehicle Development Intern
Join Picnic for an exciting internship to work on our new delivery vehicle. Work on concrete ideas and have great impact on our future delivery process. Gain real world experience in a fast paced environment.
Where you fit in
Picnic has over 800 electric vehicles that deliver groceries across the Netherlands and Germany. This fleet plays an integral role in an emissions-free last-mile delivery strategy with great customer experience. Our customers enjoy a first-class doorstep service while we pioneer urban logistics to reduce inner-city traffic and make neighborhoods cleaner and safer.
In a joint venture with a research institute and a manufacturer, backed by funding from the Dutch Government, we have begun the development of an all-new delivery vehicle. This new vehicle will continue to play a leading role in our delivery process while further contributing to a positive brand presence. The design must be iconic, friendly and, of course, technically sound.
We want an engineering or design intern to join this exciting project. Your challenge is to translate requirements set by our customers, the vehicle users, and logistical processes into practical solutions. The result: a future-proof vehicle that will turn heads for years to come.
What you do
Depending on background, experience, and affinity with the subject, your tasks can be:
- Defining the cabin interior function and form, together with our contracted design agency
- Iterative design process with 3D CAD models
- Harvest company wide insights and involve relevant stakeholders
- User testing of the new vehicle and logistics operations with drivers (cabin interactions, delivery, hub logistics etc.)
- Supporting pilot operation of new vehicle type
- Developing and testing new features to simplify delivery or vehicle loading
- Translate and share insights with automotive production partner for actual development
What you need
- Pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering, industrial design engineering or similar.
- Solidsworks profiency is a plus
- Get-up-and-go Mentality: Energy, motivation, and assertive attitude
- Quick Thinking: You identify issues and come armed with a solution
- Long-term Vision: Process-oriented and structured thinking
- Excel Wizard: Outstanding Excel and data analysis skills
- Mechanic’s Mind: A basic working knowledge of vehicles
- Composure: Ability to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines
- Responsibility: You’re confident and happy being the go-to-person
- 4 months, or more, to dedicate to this full-time operational role
- English proficiency, Dutch is a plus
- Pay attention: this is not a (thesis) graduation internship
Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in a start-up culture where everything you do matters. In our modern Amsterdam office, you will have the freedom to experiment and evolve your own projects as well as the chance to test them on real customers.
You will be part of an international, all-star team of ground-breaking entrepreneurs, brilliant engineers, and data wizards that work with desire and dedication each day. But don’t worry, at Picnic groceries aren’t a chore – we play as hard as we work! Besides all this, you will get 600 euros per month for a full-time internship.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role