Working Student / Bijbaan
Working Student / Bijbaan
At Picnic, we offer quality part-time jobs (bijbanen) throughout the organisation. This is the chance to earn extra cash while applying everything you’ve learnt. From supporting a groundbreaking distribution system, forecasting the growth of our company, to joining the determined operations team - there’s plenty of opportunity to dive into interesting topics, develop abilities, and learn new skills.
We expect everyone at Picnic to fit into a demanding atmosphere. You’ll be treated as a full-time employee, receive invaluable experience in a challenging environment, and grab a drink with the whole team on a Friday. With a foot in the door and an expanding professional network, you’ll create a solid platform from which to embark on a career.
This page will constantly be updated with the newest available projects for working students. If you can’t find a suitable project but you still match the requirements, please send us an email and tell us where you can fit in.
What you need
- Capable Mind: Desire to learn on the go
- Quick Thinking: You identify issues and come armed with a solution
- Adaptable: Ready to change plans and restructure the day
- Independence: you’ll take ownership of a project
- Professional Attitude: Smart and well-mannered
- Interdisciplinary Skills: You love the intersection of theory and practical implementation
Working students needed:
Shopper Recruitment Team
Picnic is growing. We’re now serving more than 200,000 customers in the Netherlands. We need to expand our team of dedicated Shoppers because without them we can’t grow and we can’t make customers happy! We’re looking for a working student to join our Recruitment Team in Utrecht and run recruitment processes. By taking on this special role, you’ll be working in the team that makes sure Picnic can deliver to more customers.
As a working student, you’re responsible for recruiting the Shoppers that work in our Fulfilment Centres in the Netherlands. You’ll execute screening calls, asses potential candidates and be the one who makes the final decision of whether a candidate will join a recruitment event.
Do you want to gain invaluable experience in recruiting and work in the fastest growing app-only supermarket in Europe? Apply now!We offer you:
- An enthusiastic team of recruiters and working students
- The opportunity to grow within our start-up-culture
- Freedom to implement your own ideas
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Superb communication: ability to talk to and assess people over the phone
- Minimum availability: 2 days a week
- Location: Picnic Fulfilment Centre, Utrecht
At Picnic, we’re all about getting things done, which is a high energy activity. Our Kitchen Team now prepares meals and snacks for some 250 people daily, but we are growing quickly, and we now need your help to invent and craft delicious dishes. The Kitchen Team is looking for a high-energy, high endurance working student to join them in their quest for happy bellies (including yours!).
As an outgoing and social person, you have a passion for food and cooking. To you, cutting techniques and boiling times are instinctive and the kitchen life holds no secret. Want to know more? Then have a look at the Kitchen Team’s Instagram account.There are a few requirements:
- You're available at least 16 hours per week (for shifts of 6 to 8 hours)
- You're fluent in Dutch and have a good command of English
- Location: Amsterdam HQ
We’re currently looking for 2 working students in the finance team that will focus on different areas.
A growing company means a growing number of payments! We are looking for a work student with an economical background to join our Finance Team and to help us manage the flow of invoicing. You will help us out by processing and recording invoices that reach our company every day and by managing the communication with creditors.
You have strong communication skills and you're not afraid to pick up the phone? Then this working student position focusing on our customer processes is the right one for you! You will be the first contact for our customers when they have finance related questions. Next to this you will manage our debtors and be in close contact with them.
Through this work you will know exactly what is happening at Picnic! You will be working in an enthusiastic, young and small team which consists of a mix of part-time working students and full-time finance specialists. Are you organized, do you have a critical view and do you want to work at the fastest growing online supermarket in the Netherlands? Apply now!There are a few requirements:
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Availability: minimum 2 days a week
- Economical / financial background
- Location: The Picnic HQ in Amsterdam
Picnic's Distribution team is responsible for the delivery of groceries from the hub to our customers' door step. The team is looking for a working student to support in automating operational processes.We offer you:
- Lots of variation in your work
- Good support for learning on the job
- Working at the fastest growing company in the Netherlands
- Work in a young and ambitious team
- Strong analytical skills
- Structured, responsible and independent co-workers
- Interested to improve operational processes
- Location: Amsterdam HQ
- Language: Fluent in English and Dutch
- Availability: 16 hours per week
Picnic is data-driven and complex – from pricing strategies, forecasting, warehouse automation, to our ever-growing expansion, the growth team is constantly faced with new challenges and opportunities… that’s where you come in!
We are on the hunt for a working student to create the next-day forecast and keep track of internal and external factors that could influence Picnic’s demand. On top of this, you will be responsible for determining how many new customers to take out of the waitlists and give access to the app.
Do you have a great understanding of what drives consumer behaviour and operational efficiency? Would like to put your ideas into practice? Apply now!We offer you:
- A spot in the fastest-growing company in the Netherlands
- A team of young and ambitious colleagues
- Actionable insights from large data sets
- Your eyes won’t be glued to data all day! - Playing ping-pong with your colleagues is highly recommended! 😉
- You’re currently studying Engineering, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- You have excellent Excel and data analysis skills
- You’re fluent in both verbal and written English
- Bonus point: Knowledge of SQL/Tableau or Python
- Available at least 3 full days or 4 mornings per week (of which at least 3 in office)
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test (dependent per role)
- On-site day