Experienced Network Engineer
Experienced Network Engineer
Do you want to be part of the supermarket revolution? At Picnic you get the chance to join a young and forward-thinking start-up culture, where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies of the Netherlands!
🏦 Where you fit in
Picnic is a tech-driven company. With an innovative app and intelligent algorithms, we deliver groceries to an ever-expanding customer base. Outstanding customer service and on-time delivery scores require a robust network infrastructure. That’s where you come in. You will use your advanced skills and experience to ensure superb network availability and performance in all Picnic’s locations (offices and warehouses).
Day-to-day you will design, build, monitor and maintain our growing network and internet infrastructure. We run advanced Warehouse Management Systems and a fleet of electric vans that operate to restrictive deadlines - daily deliveries go out each day. With hard work and quick-thinking, you fix problems and respond to direct calls on network issues. Everything is aimed to ensure system availability and reliability to guarantee the delivery of groceries across two countries. Within that scope, we offer a lot of freedom to shine, take ownership, and lead projects the way you see fit.
For you, this role provides valuable experience in an ambitious tech company. We allow room for growth and development. With the latest tech, and a fast-paced environment, you will learn on-the-go in a forward-thinking team and help write the future of in-app grocery shopping.
🔥 What challenges await you
- Design, build, monitor and maintain a highly resilient WAN and LAN for 10 sites
- Support and improve our IPVPN design
- Continuously improve the reliability, redundancy, security, and fault tolerance of our infrastructure
- Maintain and extend our local data centers
- Build and maintain a knowledge base of our infrastructure and deployments
- Establish cohesive and structured troubleshooting with all 3rd parties
- Automate the operations and new deployments via scripting and API interaction
- Set-up a clean and well-structured monitoring
👉🏼 Who are you
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology or a related technical field
- At least 6 years of experience in both designing and implementing WAN networks
- Solid knowledge in 802.1Q, 802.11ac, DHCP, DNS and static routing and scripting
- Experience with BGP, 802.1X is preferred
- Solid project management and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Willing to travel to sites across Netherlands and Germany
👩💻 Technologies you will use
- Cisco and Meraki switching, routing, wireless and security
- Meraki and Zabbix monitoring
- Python and Ansible
- AWS VPCs
Hungry for more? Check out https://stackshare.io/picnic-technologies for an overview of our tech stack.
🍩 Picnic perks
Located in Amsterdam, our fun-filled office is the best place for you to focus on your Picnic projects. Equipped with your favorite hardware and surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll grow professionally and personally, while enjoying the startup life along the way. We like to keep our 40-hour work-week flexible around here.
Our tech team consists of 15 product teams, which handle tons of innovative projects. Sharing, mentoring and keeping up to date is a must at Picnic: Meetups, webinars, Lunch & Learn sessions, and our very own Tech academy make sure that’s taken care of. Your soft skills will get some attention as well, with tailored training and courses.
Our salaries are market competitive and our pension program will put your mind at ease.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role