IT Support Engineer (m/w/d)
IT Support Engineer (m/w/d)
Do you want to be part of the supermarket revolution? Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in an innovative start-up culture where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe!
Where you fit in
As our IT Support Engineer, you are key responsible for the IT related productivity of our colleagues in the office, fulfillment centers, and hubs. By ensuring that our systems are up and running and secure, you guarantee the delivery of groceries across Germany.
This is hands-on support that goes beyond, ‘Have you tried turning it off and on again?’. We run advanced Warehouse Management Systems and a fleet of electric vans that operate to restrictive deadlines: daily deliveries go out each day, no compromises. With hard work and quick-thinking, you fix problems and respond to direct calls on critical network issues.
This role provides valuable experience in an ambitious tech company. There is plenty room for growth to develop yourself. With the latest tech, a fast-paced environment, and experienced colleagues, you will acquire and apply valuable best practices in network infrastructure, security, and asset & account management.
We’re open sourcing, so if you require more motivation to apply - check out our page: http://picnic.tech
What challenges await you
- Provide hands-on assistance with office IT issues
- Maintain and improve parts of the network infrastructure
- Be a security ambassador across the company
- Design and improve work processes regarding asset and account management
- Take initiative to implement IT related improvements
What you need
- Completed bachelor’s degree in IT Management or Computer Networks
- The perfect candidate has knowledge of the following:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows
- Intermediate knowledge of MacOS and Linux
- Basic understanding of Google Suite and Microsoft Office apps
- Basic understanding of mail server standards
- Basic understanding of LAN protocols and equipment
- Basic understanding of security best practices
- Fluent in English (and bonus points for German)
- Steep learning curve by taking on responsibility from day one
- Freedom to realize own projects and implement your ideas
- Be part of a team with ground-breaking entrepreneurs, creative minds, and out-of-the-box-thinking colleagues
- No hierarchical thinking: Be your own leader!
- Participate in team events, Christmas or summer parties, and cosy barbeques
Up for the challenge? Then join us and be part of the Picnic team!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role