People Business Partner, Tech
People Business Partner, Tech
At Picnic we care about health and safety, so currently all interviews are done online and our team is working from home. We keep a close eye on the developments around Covid-19, and support your relocation to Amsterdam when it is safe to do so. It is possible to start working remotely with us - have a peek at how the remote onboarding is going here.
Do you want to be part of the grocery revolution? At Picnic you get the chance to join a young and forward-thinking start-up culture, where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile solution, we became one of the fastest-growing companies of the Netherlands and Europe!
🏦 Where you fit in
Our People Team strives to revolutionize human resources the same way that Picnic has revolutionized grocery delivery. We are looking for someone that can take responsibility for the development and organization of our talented Tech Team.
As a People Partner with a focus on our Tech Team, your responsibilities vary from solving complex organizational challenges, improving decision processes to conducting reviews and having development conversations with our engineers. You’ll be an integral part of both the People and the Tech team, demonstrating an understanding of the business and acting as a thought leader regarding People topics. You’ll partner with a cross-functional group of experts to design and execute the strategy for how our tech team staffs, onboards, develops, rotates, motivates, retains and organizes.
Do you look at the bigger picture and use data to guide your work? Are you comfortable challenging convention and want to reinvent how work is done? Do you enjoy having a direct impact through one-on-one conversations and do you have a passion for tech? Then you’ve found home!
🔥 What challenges await you
- Conduct check-ins and bi-annual reviews with engineers to ensure you know the ins-and-outs of all Tech teams first hand. Conduct all admin-related tasks around development agreements, contracts, and compensation.
- Be a trusted advisor and a coach to the Tech leadership team and play a critical role in enhancing leadership effectiveness.
- Drive people-related initiatives, provide insightful data to guide decision-making and provide proactive solutions.
- Design and improve people programs (including staffing, onboarding, learning & development and rotation processes)
- Build organizational health by ensuring that the organization is structured to achieve business objectives. Manage talent to ensure the right people are in the right roles. Enable business leaders to cultivate an effective leadership pipeline.
Who you are
- Master's degree in Psychology or similar
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a strategy or organizational consultant and/or experience in a tech start-up environment.
- Passion for technology
- Project management and operations experience
- Experience in Human Resource disciplines or affinity for the topic
💎 Why Picnic?
At Picnic, you’ll play a lead role in a start-up journey. That means the chance to make a real impact. Working in a flat organization with accountability, you have the freedom to experiment and take ownership of projects.
You will be part of an international team of ground-breaking entrepreneurs, brilliant engineers, and data wizards that work with desire and dedication each day. But don’t worry, at Picnic groceries aren’t a chore – we play as hard as we work!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role