At Picnic we care about health and safety, so currently all interviews are done online and our team is working from home. We keep a close eye on the developments around Covid-19, and support your relocation to Amsterdam when it is safe to do so. It is possible to start working remotely with us - have a peek at how the remote onboarding is going here.
Picnic is the world’s fastest growing online supermarket. With a unique business model and a highly engaged customer base, we aim to revolutionize the world of logistics, delivery, and groceries. Beyond that, we love working towards a greener future by using purpose-built route-planning algorithms and running a 100% electrical fleet of delivery vans. But we’re just getting started.
🏢 Where you fit in
Picnic is looking for a passionate engineer who loves to track down, investigate and eliminate potential weaknesses before they become security risks. Your skills will be part of the foundation of Picnic's promise of an effortless and secure shopping experience for millions of customers. Your expertise will be essential for our engineering and product teams to help them build the best, most secure solutions for our customers.
Our Security team helps all product and engineering teams to design, build, and use infrastructure securely at scale. Picnic’s Security Engineers work on a broad set of efforts, focusing on scaling and automating security infrastructure and processes. The team investigates security challenges, implements security solutions, and applies novel technologies to deal with enterprise security across all our products and services. Currently our team is mainly focusing on Blue Team exercises, but Red Team tasks come into play as well.
🔥 What challenges await you
- Act as a security ambassador and drive internal security and privacy initiatives
- Advise on security for a constant stream of new features and new technologies
- Interact directly with business and operations regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Analyze, assess, and respond to security threats
- Conduct regular security assessments and code reviews
- Build security tools and processes for critical infrastructure protection, monitoring, and remediation
👉🏼 Who you are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience in security
- A profound understanding of security principles and experience with translating these into security policies
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods, digital forensics, and security engineering
- Enthusiasm for the constant fight to ensure security and privacy on the internet
- Ability to clearly articulate the why, what, when of security
- Understanding of the key technologies we use: Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes
For bonus points:
- Experience with Security frameworks like NIST, CIS, OWASP
- Experience with React, Angular, SnowFlake, Tableau, Vault, Terraform or Keycloak
📱 Technologies we use
- Java 11 (RxJava, Reactor and Spring), Python
- React, Angular 8, AngularJS, Typescript
- OAuth, SAML, OpenID, JWT, Keycloak, Vault, AWS IAM
- Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Kinesis
- PostgreSQL (PostGIS), MongoDB, Redshift (Spectrum), Athena
- Hadoop, Spark, Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform
🍩 Picnic perks
Located in Amsterdam, our fun-filled office is the best place for you to focus on your Picnic projects. Equipped with your favorite hardware and surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll grow professionally and personally, while enjoying the startup life along the way. We like to keep our 40-hour work-week flexible around here.
Our tech team consists of 15 product teams, which handle tons of innovative projects. Sharing, mentoring and keeping up to date is a must at Picnic: Meetups, webinars, Lunch & Learn sessions, and our very own Tech academy make sure that’s taken care of. Your soft skills will get some attention as well, with tailored training and courses.
Our salaries are market competitive and our pension program will put your mind at ease.
🏡 Relocation package?
Sure! If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in.
If you are joining us from a country that doesn’t allow traveling to the Netherlands just yet due to Covid-19, there's a chance that your onboarding could take place remotely. We had lots of new team members starting their Picnic-journey remotely already, you can have a peek at how it's going here.
What are you waiting for? Get in touch! And no worries, the whole process is currently fully remote, to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role