Picnic is the world’s fastest growing online supermarket. With a unique business model and a highly engaged customer base, we aim to revolutionize the world of logistics, delivery, and groceries. Beyond that, we love working towards a greener future by using purpose-built route-planning algorithms and running a 100% electrical fleet of delivery vans. But we’re just getting started.
🏢 Where you fit in
Picnic is looking for a passionate hacker who loves to track down, investigate and eliminate potential weaknesses before they become security risks. Your skills will be part of the foundation of Picnic's promise of an effortless and secure shopping experience for millions of customers. Your expertise will be used by engineering and product teams to help them build the best, most secure solutions for our customers. Have a white hat? Then take the red pill ;)
The security team helps all product and engineering teams to design, build, and use infrastructure securely at scale. Security Engineers work on a broad set of efforts focusing on scaling and automating security infrastructure and processes. We investigate security challenges, implement security solutions, and apply novel technologies to deal with enterprise security across all our products and services.
🔥 What challenges await you
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new features and technologies
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Interact directly with business and operations regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Analyze, assess, and respond to security threats
- Conduct regular security assessments and code reviews
- Build security tools and processes for critical infrastructure protection, monitoring, and remediation
👉🏼 Who you are
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience in security
- A profound understanding of security principles
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods, digital forensics, and security engineering
- Enthusiasm for the constant fight to ensure security and privacy on the internet
- Deep understanding of the key technologies we use
- Ability to clearly articulate the why, what, when of security
📱 Technologies you will use
- Java 11 (RxJava, Reactor and Spring), Python
- React, Angular 8, AngularJS, Typescript
- OAuth, SAML, OpenID, JWT, Keycloak, Vault, AWS IAM
- Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Kinesis
- PostgreSQL (PostGIS), MongoDB, Redshift (Spectrum), Athena
- Hadoop, Spark, Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform
🍩 Picnic perks
Located in Amsterdam, our fun-filled office is the best place for you to focus on your Picnic projects. Equipped with your favorite hardware and surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll grow professionally and personally, while enjoying the startup life along the way. We like to keep our 40-hour work-week flexible around here.
Our tech team consists of 15 product teams, which handle tons of innovative projects. Sharing, mentoring and keeping up to date is a must at Picnic: Meetups, webinars, Lunch & Learn sessions, and our very own Tech academy make sure that’s taken care of. Your soft skills will get some attention as well, with tailored training and courses.
Our salaries are market competitive and our pension program will put your mind at ease.
🏡 Relocation package?
Sure! If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in. What are you waiting for? Get in touch!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role