At Picnic we care about health and safety, so currently all interviews are done online and our team is working from home. We keep a close eye on the developments around Covid-19, and support your relocation to Amsterdam when it is safe to do so. It is possible to start working remotely with us - have a peek at how the remote onboarding is going here.
Picnic is an app-only supermarket. We’re data driven with software at our core. Our world-class developers write immaculate code to support the world’s fastest growing supermarket. We’re on a quest for like-minded people to be part of the future of digital grocery shopping.
🏢 Where you fit in
You get excited by creating exceptional products that change the lives of millions of people. You are able to run a project from its inception until it is shipped. You love writing high-quality code that works under all circumstances and is easy to maintain. In addition, you stay on top of the latest developments of the community, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
🔥 What challenges await you
- Interact with our designers and product owners to create specifications for new features
- Implement these features and ensure that they work correctly by writing tests
- Triage and resolve reported bugs
- Build new websites from scratch with lots of content
- Live and breathe innovation, technology, and engineering
👉🏼 Who you are
- You have a super analytical and curious mind
- Your passion for web development keeps you going all day
- You have at least 2 years of experience shipping high-quality software
- Development skills in PHP, HTML5 and CSS3
- You are familiar with SCM, preferably Git
- Your English skills are on point (no Dutch required)
- You get bonus points for: Open-source contributions or exciting side-projects
👩💻 The tech we use
- HTML5, CSS3
- Angular, React
- REST APIs
🍩 Picnic perksLocated in Amsterdam, our fun-filled office is the best place for you to focus on your Picnic projects. Equipped with your favorite hardware and surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll grow professionally and personally, while enjoying the startup life along the way. We like to keep our 40-hour work-week flexible around here.Our tech team consists of 15 product teams, which handle tons of innovative projects. Sharing, mentoring and keeping up to date is a must at Picnic: Meetups, webinars, Lunch & Learn sessions, and our very own Tech academy make sure that’s taken care of. Your soft skills will get some attention as well, with tailored training and courses.Our salaries are market competitive and our pension program will put your mind at ease.
🏡 Relocation package?
Sure! If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in.
If you are joining us from a country that doesn’t allow traveling to the Netherlands just yet due to Covid-19, there's a chance that your onboarding could take place remotely. We had lots of new team members starting their Picnic-journey remotely already, you can have a peek at how it's going here.
What are you waiting for? Get in touch! And no worries, the whole process is currently fully remote, to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role