Picnic is the world’s fastest growing online supermarket with a unique business model and a highly engaged customer base. Our mission is to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Beyond that, we love working towards a greener future by using cutting-edge warehouse technologies and running a 100% electrical fleet of delivery vans.
We are on the hunt for a bright, energetic Web Developer that will help us develop and maintain internal tools that are critical to the success of our business. Are you ready to join?
🏢 Where you fit in
You get excited by creating exceptional products that change the lives of millions of people. You are able to run a project from its inception until it is shipped. You love writing high-quality code that works under all circumstances and is easy to maintain. In addition, you stay on top of the latest developments the community, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
🔥 What challenges await you
- Interact with our designers and product owners to create specifications for new features
- Implement these features and ensure that they work correctly by writing tests
- Triage and resolve reported bugs
- Refactor older parts of our applications, to improve maintainability and extensibility
- Live and breathe innovation, technology, and engineering
👉🏼 Who you are
- Highly analytical and curious mind with a Master in Computer Science or equivalent
- A passion for web development
- 2+ years of experience shipping high-quality software
- Preferably hands-on experience with a modern web framework such as React.js or AngularJS
- Experience with SCM, preferably Git
- Open-source contributions or projects are a plus
- Open personality with superb communication skills (Dutch not required)
👩💻 The tech we use
- HTML5, CSS3
- Angular, React
- REST APIs
🍩 Picnic perksLocated in Amsterdam, our fun-filled office is the best place for you to focus on your Picnic projects. Equipped with your favorite hardware and surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll grow professionally and personally, while enjoying the startup life along the way. We like to keep our 40-hour work-week flexible around here.Our tech team consists of 15 product teams, which handle tons of innovative projects. Sharing, mentoring and keeping up to date is a must at Picnic: Meetups, webinars, Lunch & Learn sessions, and our very own Tech academy make sure that’s taken care of. Your soft skills will get some attention as well, with tailored training and courses.Our salaries are market competitive and our pension program will put your mind at ease.
🏡 Relocation package?Sure! If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in. What are you waiting for? Get in touch!
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role