Picnic is one of the fastest-growing company in the Netherlands. Each day we make thousands of customers happy with an easy to use app and free home delivery. We deliver more than 150.000 orders per week throughout the Netherlands and Germany.
Picnic has a fully integrated just-in-time supply chain process. Orders are picked by our shoppers in one of our five Dutch Fulfilment Centers (FCs) and are then shipped to one of our forty Dutch Hubs. From the Hubs, the groceries are delivered to our customers with our iconic electric Picnic vehicles.
As our operations continue to grow, we need to ensure that the processes within our FCs and Hubs run smoothly. Additionally, we have to develop new locations and equipment to take our service to the next level. We are looking for a Project Engineer who loves to take ownership of our challenging and innovative building & equipment projects!
Where you fit in
As our Project Engineer, you’re part of the team that’s responsible for Picnic’s physical world. The Building & Equipment team organizes the building of new FCs and Hubs and makes sure all the right equipment is there. You will work with our Facility Managers, Project Engineers, the Building & Equipment team lead and many other internal and external stakeholders. You will travel frequently between different Picnic locations in the Netherlands and Germany.
With your experience and forward-thinking ideas, you will play a lead role in (re)building and launching highly optimized FCs, as well as coordinating (sub)contractors for Picnic’s innovative automated FC. Next to this, you will be working on optimization and maintenance projects for the manual FCs and Hubs. The result of your work will help us to improve our operations and ensure that all of our customers continuously experience our top of the bill Picnic service. Your efforts will help all of our (3000+) employees to work safely and comfortably. You can really make an impact!
What you do
- Take ownership over the launch and optimization of FCs and hubs
- Take the lead in the selection and purchasing process of new equipment
- Evolve how we build: improve layouts and develop processes
- Contact and communicate with all partners (real estate managers, building contractors, etc.) concerned with the maintenance and construction of the FCs and Hubs
What you need
- Finished HBO or Masters degree, preferably in a technical or engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience in building or engineering management
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Independent, communicative, and confident personality
- Ability to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines
- You are very driven and always want to improve processes
- You are operational and have a hands-on mentality
- Willingness to travel to different locations across the Netherlands and Germany
Keywords: building and equipment coordinator, building coordinator, asset manager, engineering, Project Engineer, project management, real estate, equipment
- CV screening
- Phone conversation
- Online test*
- On-site day*
* Depending on the role